What is the best way to feed yourself? What are the ingredients that can provide you the best nutritional habits and keep you full the longest? These are the questions that we ask ourselves every day. We can start the day with a pastry, or French fries that contain a lot of calories, but yet, we find ourselves hungry in 1 hour. On one hand, there are foods that can help you feel full longer, and have a better nutritional values and are richer with proteins and fibres, and on the other hand, you can consume food that contain a high amount of calories, but no nutritional values, and can lead to obesity. With the right choice of food, you can eat more and enter less calories, and lose eight without being on a diet.
- Porridge – The porridge is a great way to start the day, because it contains a high amount of fibres and a low amount of calories. The porridge will give you the energy that you need to start the day, and, because it’s digested very slowly, can keep you full for a very long period. The porridge helps with lowering the “bad” cholesterol, as well as for regulating the level of sugar in the blood.
- Eggs – Eggs contain a high amount of proteins that feed the muscles and gives us the necessary energy for the upcoming day. By eating eggs for breakfast, we can safely say that we’ll be full until the lunch, because the eggs help in controlling the appetite. People who start their day with eating for example 2 eggs, will lose weight much faster than people who eat pastries for breakfast.
- Apples – Apples are a great source of fibres and can help you have a healthy snack between the meals. Apple contains pectin, a hormone that lowers the level of the blood sugar.
- Salmon – The salmon is a great choice for a long lasting meal, because it contains fats that prevent the hunger from forming. Fish forms the basis of the healthy nutrition, and people who have consumed salmon feel full for a longer period of time than people who’ve consumed beef for example. The count of calories is much lower as well.
- Beans, Peas, Lentils – The leguminous vegetables speed up the metabolism and are rich with fibres, vitamins and minerals. They are a crucial part of the healthy nutrition.
- Flax seed – The flax seed can be consumed as an addition to a salad, or by itself. One teaspoon of flax seed a day is quite enough. It contains omega 3 fats and fibres that are great for everything.
- Avocado – The avocado satisfies the feeling of hunger quite fast, so you don’t have to eat a lot of it to feel full. It should be a part of your diet, at least a small piece a day, because it is full of all the necessary nutrients that our body needs.
- Almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts – These are the kernels that we need to include in our diet immediately, because they don’t just feed the brain, but they also fill the body with energy and strength. If you’re feeling sleepy in the afternoon, take a handful of these kernels and wave the sleepiness goodbye!