Photo: Everett Collection
Life just got a little easier. Elevate yourself beyond a basic bro by following these ingenious tips that will save you money, pain, and embarrassment.
1. Hand cream can smooth out frizzy hair. If humidity or rain on your walk to work leaves you with a kinky mess, rub a small amount of lotion between your palms and use your hands to coax pieces back into place.
2. Deodorant helps prevent the brutal blisters that come with new shoes and no socks. (It’ll plug up moisture, which means less friction for your feet.) Swipe it over the back and sides of your foot before stepping into the shoe.
3. Visine can tone down a flashing red zit. If you can’t get on board with mancealer, this is your next best bet. Remember to reapply every few hours.
4. A cold pack hides a hangover. One of the most obvious signs you had a date with Fireball the evening prior is a puffy face. Lay an icepack across your face (or bag of frozen whatever) for a few minutes before heading out the door.
5. Bar soap works as a gym bag deodorizer. Throw an unused bar (stick it inside a little porous sack if you have one) to keep sweaty clothes from adding a permanent stench to your bag.
6. Conditioner makes a good shaving cream down there. If you’d rather not experience that cooling menthol feeling on your balls, a rich conditioner works just as well and protects sensitive spots.
7. Toilet seat cover tissues or coffee filters can fix an oily face. Just blot over your nose, forehead, and chin to absorb excess grease.
8. Chew on parsley after dinner to hide bad breath. Save a sprig on the side of your plate if the meal is looking garlic-tastic.
9. Blasting your razor with a hairdryer boosts longevity. Dullness or corrosion stems from oxidation and rusting, but it can be hard to wipe each blade dry after you’re done. A hairdryer requires less effort and works fast.
10. Vaseline can prevent chafing. If you’re running outside more now that the weather’s nice, a little ointment between thighs or on your nips will keep others from wondering why you’re walking so funny.